The entrance to Jones Bros, closed now but still hints that once this was a grand department store. William Jones a draper's apprentice arrived in London in 1867. He and his brother eventually opened a small store on Holloway Road in Camden. Within 30 years the brothers had expanded to include several workshops, warehouses, stabling for 50 horses and accommodation above the store for his workers.
These days part of the building houses a Waitrose supermarket.