Pages

Tuesday 18 August 2009

Sun and Fun in Brussels

Sun and fun in Brussels? Yes it's not the boring EU centre of its reputation.

Saturday courtesy of we are social I was part of a group invited on a Eurostar little break, big difference trip to Brussels.

Our full on day began with an incredibly interesting guided tour of the Margritte Museum followed by a Peruvian BBq on Bruxelles les Bains ha you don't have that on Paris Plage. I'm betting there was a great party later on.
Some of us took to the streets to see the amazing street art. London artists get spraying you've got huge competition here.

Stumbled on a small beer festival where we tried Bremers beer and I manged to convince the boys to try snails. All except one and now he wishes he had. You'll just have to go back.
Locals told me there is also a festival not to be missed in September.

We got a glimpse of the square and the amazing buildings before we raced off to a beer tasting. Cherry beer, that was a first for me. We sampled local sausage, cheese and of course mussels.

The day flew by so quickly, so much to do. I feel a wee break coming up soon.

You can see more of my street photography here and you can meet all of the fabulous people I spent the day with here:
Alex David Gordon Katherine Lux and Jourik Mark and Tom Mehrdad Radim Sarah Violette and Medina.

26 comments:

Karine said...

LOL That's actually one of my favorite garden statues over here in Canada, I don't think there's a single gardening center of consequence in the city that doesn't sell a fountain topped with that little fella. Great capture and the other photos you took on your trip are great too!

Maria Grazia said...

I too had a great time each time I was in Brussels. It was thanks to my dear friends living in Belgium ...

B SQUARED said...

Sounds like a fun time. Looks like a long line at the W.C.

Kate said...

What a great trip...food, recreation and art. I'd love to see the Magritte museum!

Candie said...

LOL,that is a cool pic!

Babzy.B said...

Bruxelles is a beautiful city !

Lowell said...

That first photo is a riot! What a great time you had!

Thanks so much for coming by The Villages DP!

Have a great evening!

3c said...

I'm so glad to have clicked on the links for your friends - especially the first one (Alex). I feel thoroughly refreshed and enlivened by seeing the photos of trucks and cardboard models and the V&A Street Fair (Tiddleywinks!) so I've had extra value from visiting your Brussels post today.

Clueless in Boston said...

Nice composition. Are they turning colors because they are squeezing too tightly? :)

Frank said...

That is a funny shot indeed. Love it.

Anna said...

Sounds like a great trip. I'll bet the Margritte Museum was incredible.

Ken Mac said...

ha ha ha ha

Sean said...

Great pics... love street photos as you probably know!

Melanie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am enjoying your too. I love traveling and seeing new things.

Leif Hagen said...

I wonder if my wife would consent to a green peeing statue for our back yard ....

Anonymous said...

mo,

wow!

looked thru the set at flickr -- excellent(!) and nice job reducing perspective and other distortions in this series

¤ ¤ ¤

/t.

Hilda said...

Love the funny photo you chose for this story! Sounds like you had a fabulous day! Hope you can get back soon as you wish.

chrome3d said...

I have the sky blue Manneken Pis, please. Magritte is cool and one of my faves.

xxx said...

love that photo :)

Anonymous said...

hey, hey!! cool pics! :-) keep in touch - kisses from brussels
lux & jourik

marley said...

I want one! Lol!

You crammed a lot in, glad you enjoyed.

What do you mean the Empire doesn't exist anymore?! Surely you are joking!

Unknown said...

Very cool! :-) It reminds me of this one I've previously posted: http://oeirasdailyphoto.blogspot.com/2009/04/santo-antonio-classic-or-trendy.html

David Macaulay said...

I like Brussels - weird food, though. The local seems to really like cows' brains in what looks like mushy peas.

Unknown said...

I love traveling and seeing new things.good thougts..thanks for sharing...
___________________
samanth
Are you scared to be alone at home need security

markjenkins said...

Thanks for the link Mo. I've not forgotton about the widget, just have been working solidly!

Thanks, Mark

The Lone Beader® said...

I really want to go there for a beer, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...